We’ve collected a few of the articles, opinion items, movies and assets regarding massive language fashions (LLMs). A few of these hyperlinks additionally cowl different generative fashions. We are going to periodically replace this record so as to add any additional assets of curiosity. This text represents the primary replace. (The unique record is right here.)
What LLMs are and the way they work
- What are Generative AI fashions?, Kate Soule, video from IBM Know-how.
- Introduction to Giant Language Fashions, John Ewald, video from Google Cloud Tech.
- What’s GPT-4 and the way does it differ from ChatGPT?, Alex Hern, The Guardian.
- What Is ChatGPT Doing … and Why Does It Work?, Stephen Wolfram.
- Understanding Giant Language Fashions — A Transformative Studying Listing, Sebastian Raschka.
- How ChatGPT is Educated, video by Ari Seff.
- ChatGPT – what’s it? How does it work? Ought to we be excited? Or scared?, Deep Dhillon, The Radical AI podcast.
- Every thing you’ll want to learn about ChatGPT, Joanna Dungate, Turing Institute Weblog.
- Turing video lecture collection on basis fashions: Session 1 | Session 2 | Session 3 | Session 4.
- Bard: What’s Google’s Bard and the way is it totally different to ChatGPT?, BBC.
- Bard FAQs, Google.
- Giant Language Fashions from scratch | Giant Language Fashions: Half 2, movies from Graphics in 5 minutes.
- What are Giant Language Fashions (LLMs)?, video from Google for Builders.
- Dangers of Giant Language Fashions (LLM), Phaedra Boinodiris, video from IBM Know-how.
- How ChatGPT and Different LLMs Work—and The place They Might Go Subsequent, David Nield, Wired.
Journal, convention, arXiv, and different articles
- Scientists’ Views on the Potential for Generative AI of their Fields, Meredith Ringel Morris, arXiv.
- LaMDA: Language Fashions for Dialog Functions, Romal Thoppilan et al, arXiv.
- What Language Mannequin to Prepare if You Have One Million GPU Hours?, Teven Le Scao et al, arXiv.
- Alpaca: A Robust, Replicable Instruction-Following Mannequin, Rohan Taori et al.
- Course of for Adapting Language Fashions to Society (PALMS) with Values-Focused Datasets, Irene Solaiman, Christy Dennison, NeurIPS 2021.
- On the Risks of Stochastic Parrots: Can Language Fashions Be Too Huge? , Emily Bender, Timnit Gebru, Angelina McMillan-Main, Shmargaret Shmitchell, FAccT 2021.
- A Survey of Giant Language Fashions, Wayne Xin Zhao et al, arXiv.
- A Watermark for Giant Language Fashions, John Kirchenbauer, Jonas Geiping, Yuxin Wen, Jonathan Katz, Ian Miers, Tom Goldstein, arXiv.
- Between Subjectivity and Imposition: Energy Dynamics in Knowledge Annotation for Laptop Imaginative and prescient, Milagros Miceli, Martin Schuessler, Tianling Yang, Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Laptop Interplay.
- AI classifier for indicating AI-written textual content, OpenAI.
- Pythia: A Suite for Analyzing Giant Language Fashions Throughout Coaching and Scaling, Stella Biderman et al, arXiv.
- GPT-4 Technical Report, OpenAI, arXiv.
- GPT-4 System Card, OpenAI.
- BloombergGPT: A Giant Language Mannequin for Finance, Shijie Wu et al, arXiv.
- Evading Watermark based mostly Detection of AI-Generated Content material, Zhengyuan Jiang, Jinghuai Zhang, Neil Zhenqiang Gong, arXiv.
- PaLM 2 Technical Report, Google.
- Giant language fashions (LLM) and ChatGPT: what’s going to the influence on nuclear drugs be?, Ian L. Alberts, Lorenzo Mercolli, Thomas Pyka, George Prenosil, Kuangyu Shi, Axel Rominger, and Ali Afshar-Oromieh, Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging.
- Ethics of enormous language fashions in drugs and medical analysis, Hanzhou Li, John T Moon, Saptarshi Purkayastha, Leo Anthony Celi, Hari Trivedi and Judy W Gichoya, The Lancet.
- Science within the age of enormous language fashions, Abeba Birhane, Atoosa Kasirzadeh, David Leslie & Sandra Wachter, Nature.
Newspaper, journal, College web site, and blogpost articles
- Why exams meant for people may not be good benchmarks for LLMs like GPT-4, Ben Dickson, Enterprise Beat.
- Does GPT-4 Actually Perceive What We’re Saying?, David Krakauer, Nautilus.
- Giant language fashions are biased. Can logic assist save them?, Rachel Gordon, MIT Information.
- Ecosystems graph for ML fashions and their relationships, researchers at Stanford College.
- ChatGPT struggles with Wordle puzzles, which says loads about the way it works, Michael G. Madden, The Dialog.
- AIhub espresso nook: Giant language fashions for scientific writing, AIhub.
- ChatGPT Is a Blurry JPEG of the Internet, Ted Chiang, The New Yorker.
- ChatGPT, Galactica, and the Progress Entice, Abeba Birhane and Deborah Raji, Wired.
- ChatGPT can’t deceive you, however you continue to shouldn’t belief it, Mackenzie Graham, The Dialog.
- AI info retrieval: A search engine researcher explains the promise and peril of letting ChatGPT and its cousins search the net for you, Chirag Shah, The Dialog.
- A small step for analysis however a large leap for utility, Interview with Fredrik Heintz, Linköping College.
- ChatGPT threatens language variety. Extra must be finished to guard our variations within the age of AI, Collin Bjork, The Dialog.
- Column: Afraid of AI? The startups promoting it need you to be, Brian Service provider, Los Angeles Occasions.
- 3 ways AI chatbots are a safety catastrophe, Melissa Heikkilä, MIT Tech Assessment.
- Time: OpenAI Used Kenyan Employees on Much less Than $2 Per Hour to Make ChatGPT Much less Poisonous, Billy Perrigo, TIME.
- Misplaced fears of an ‘evil’ ChatGPT obscure the actual hurt being finished, John Naughton, The Guardian.
- Darktrace warns of rise in AI-enhanced scams since ChatGPT launch, Mark Sweney, The Guardian.
- Lawmakers wrestle to distinguish AI and human emails, Kate Blackwood, Cornell Chronicle.
- Colombian decide says he used ChatGPT in ruling, Luke Taylor, The Guardian.
- Bhashini: At your service an Indian language chatbot powered by ChatGPT, video from The Financial Occasions.
- ChatGPT & Co.: Conversational talents of enormous language fashions, Marisa Tschopp, Luca Gafner, Teresa Windlin, Yelin Zhang, SCIP.
- AI machines aren’t ‘hallucinating’. However their makers are, Naomi Klein, The Guardian
- Google launches new AI PaLM 2 in try and regain management of the pack, Alex Hern, The Guardian.
- Executives concern unintended sharing of company information with ChatGPT: Report, Victor Dey, Enterprise Beat.
- Letter from the editor: How generative AI is shaping the way forward for journalism and our newsroom, Michael Nuñez, Enterprise Beat.
- The within story of how ChatGPT was constructed from the individuals who made it, Will Douglas Heaven, MIT Tech Assessment.
- A chatbot that asks questions might assist you to spot when it is senseless, Melissa Heikkilä, MIT Tech Assessment.
- Constructing LLM functions for manufacturing, Chip Huyen.
- Generative AI Gained’t Revolutionize Search — But, Ege Gurdeniz and Kartik Hosanagar, Harvard Enterprise Assessment.
- ChatGPT And Extra: Giant Scale AI Fashions Entrench Huge Tech Energy, a part of AI Now Institute report.
Podcasts and video discussions
- The Limitations of ChatGPT with Emily M. Bender and Casey Fiesler, Radical AI Podcast.
- CLAIRE AQuA: “ChatGPT and Giant Language Fashions”, CLAIRE.
- Su Lin Blodgett on Creating Simply Language Applied sciences, The Good Robotic Podcast.
- The TWIML AI Podcast with Sam Charrington has various episodes on the subject of LLMs and generative AI.
Deal with LLMs and schooling
- Opinion: ChatGPT – what does it imply for educational integrity?, Giselle Byrnes, Massey College.
- Debate: ChatGPT affords unseen alternatives to sharpen college students’ crucial expertise, Erika Darics, Lotte van Poppel, The Dialog.
- ChatGPT and dishonest: 5 methods to vary how college students are graded, Louis Volante, Christopher DeLuca Don A. Klinger, The Dialog.
- ChatGPT: college students might use AI to cheat, but it surely’s an opportunity to rethink evaluation altogether, Sam Illingworth, The Dialog.
- A Instructor’s Immediate Information to ChatGPT, @herfteducator.
- Ought to educators fear about ChatGPT?, interview with Jodi Heckel, Illinois College.
- Giant language fashions problem the way forward for larger schooling, Silvia Milano, Joshua A. McGrane & Sabina Leonelli, Nature.
- ChatGPT, (We have to discuss), Q&A with Vaughan Connolly and Steve Watson, College of Cambridge.
- Don’t fret about college students utilizing ChatGPT to cheat – AI is an even bigger menace to academic equality, Collin Bjork, The Dialog.
Regarding artwork and different inventive processes
- ‘ChatGPT mentioned I didn’t exist’: how artists and writers are combating again towards AI, Vanessa Thorpe, The Guardian.
- AI and the way forward for work: 5 specialists on what ChatGPT, DALL-E and different AI instruments imply for artists and information staff, Lynne Parker, Casey Greene, Daniel Acuña, Kentaro Toyama Mark Finlayson, The Dialog.
- Is there a strategy to pay content material creators whose work is used to coach AI? Sure, but it surely’s not foolproof, Brendan Paul Murphy, The Dialog.
- ChatGPT is the push larger schooling must rethink evaluation, Sioux McKenna, Dan Dixon, Daniel Oppenheimer, Margaret Blackie, Sam Illingworth, The Dialog.
- AI Artwork: How artists are utilizing and confronting machine studying, YouTube video from the Museum of Trendy Artwork.
- ‘We obtained bored ready for Oasis to re-form’: AIsis, the band fronted by an AI Liam Gallagher, Wealthy Pelley, The Guardian.
- Photographer admits prize-winning picture was AI-generated, Jamie Grierson, The Guardian.
Pertaining to robotics
- ChatGPT for Robotics: Design Rules and Mannequin Talents, Microsoft.
- Interior Monologue: Embodied Reasoning by means of Planning with Language Fashions, Wenlong Huang et al., arXiv.
- PaLM-E: An embodied multimodal language mannequin, Danny Driess, Google.
- Consciousness, Embodiment, Language Fashions (with Professor Murray Shanahan), YouTube video from Machine Studying Avenue Discuss.
Misinformation, pretend information and the influence on journalism
- Misinformation Monitor: March 2023, concentrate on GPT-4, NewsGuard.
- A pretend information frenzy: why ChatGPT may very well be disastrous for fact in journalism, Emily Bell, The Guardian.
- Defending In opposition to Neural Faux Information, Rowan Zellers et al, arXiv.
Regulation and coverage
- ‘Political propaganda’: China clamps down on entry to ChatGPT, Helen Davidson, The Guardian.
- Chatbots, deepfakes, and voice clones: AI deception on the market, USA Federal Commerce Fee weblog put up.
- ‘I didn’t give permission’: Do AI’s backers care about information legislation breaches?, Alex Hern and Dan Milmo, The Guardian.
- Italy’s ChatGPT ban attracts EU privateness regulators, Supantha Mukherjee, Elvira Pollina and Rachel Extra, Reuters.
- Coaching massive generative AI fashions based mostly on publicly obtainable private information: a GDPR conundrum that the AI act might remedy, Sebastião Barros Vale, The Digital Constitutionalist.
- ChatGPT: what the legislation says about who owns the copyright of AI-generated content material, Sercan Ozcan, Joe Sekhon and Oleksandra Ozcan, The Dialog.