We’re delighted to announce that, ranging from October 12, 2023, the VMware Cloud Supplier Commerce Portal (VCP Portal) has been considerably improved as a part of its Section 1 launch. These enhancements are designed to help Cloud Providers Suppliers in addressing the recognized points and to offer them with extra priceless and related info associated to utilization.
Companions utilizing the Commerce Portal for Metering-related duties at the moment have restricted help. The portal solely registers Utilization Meters and lacks different important info. The ‘Auto-Reported Information’ tab within the MBO makes use of complicated fields, making it much less user-friendly. Moreover, there’s a scarcity of particular model knowledge, well being standing, and ‘Final Uploaded Time’ for UM registrations, hindering companions’ potential to evaluate metering well being.
What Enhancements have been made on this Section?
Basically, the Consumer Expertise has been enhanced. When VMware companions log in to the VCP Portal for his or her month-to-month report evaluation, they are going to uncover a user-friendly section labeled ‘Auto Reported Information’ throughout the MBO. This section has been tailor-made to fulfill the distinctive necessities of VMware companions, notably these working in finance or administrative capacities. It provides an easy presentation of Utilization Meter names, linked merchandise, and the whole models consumed in a given month.
View Updates for VMware, Aggregator and the CSPs
- Present One Merchandise per Occasion ID with A number of Contract: When a number of Utilization Meter situations share the identical occasion ID, the Connection Mode and Standing can be marked as ‘Unknown,’ and the contract Reference Quantity will symbolize the contract ID for all of the duplicated situations. Primarily, the portal will show one entry per occasion ID, even when a number of contracts are related to it.
- UM Model and Help Warning: If both the top of basic help (EoGS) or the top of technical steering (EoTG) falls throughout the subsequent six months or has already expired, we are going to show these dates for a Utilization Meter (UM). Our intention is to advertise proactive upgrades of utilization meters nicely earlier than they attain the top of help.
Creation, Updating or Deletion Utilization Meter
- Including a Utilization Meter Occasion: As a Cloud Providers Supplier, you’ve gotten the power to introduce a brand new Utilization Meter occasion throughout the Portal by offering the occasion ID. It’s value noting that throughout the strategy of assigning a contract to the Utilization Meter occasion, the system gained’t permit you to connect multiple an identical contract sort to the identical occasion ID. The Portal performs this validation examine in your comfort.
Please word that you could additionally add the utilization meter occasion from the contract tab, the place the contract ID can be routinely crammed in in your comfort.
- Deleting a Utilization Meter Occasion: As a Cloud Providers Supplier or VMware inside consumer, you’ve gotten the choice to eradicate a Utilization Meter from the Utilization Meter tab on the portal, which successfully detaches it from all of the contracts it’s linked to. Moreover, you possibly can take away the Utilization Meter occasion from the Contract part on the portal to disassociate it from a particular contract.
- Updating a Utilization Meter Occasion: As a Cloud Providers Supplier or VMware inside consumer, you’ve gotten the choice to replace the Utilization Meter occasion from the VCP Portal to hyperlink or unlink contracts.
- Downloading Stories: As a Cloud Providers Supplier or VMware inside consumer, you possibly can obtain reviews based mostly on particular person utilization meters or retrieve all reviews from throughout the MBO, as required.
The obtain of month-to-month utilization information is one month at a time.
- E mail Notifications: Whether or not you’re an aggregator or a Cloud Providers Supplier, you’ve gotten the choice to arrange the e-mail notification interval for every class. This lets you obtain notifications for Utilization Meter model expiry, Utilization Meter well being standing, and any actions taken on the portal.
Helpful Assets (VCP Consumer Doc):
To share this weblog please use the hyperlink – https://bit.ly/45mEgmx